Indicators of Alcohol and Other Drug Risk and Consequences for CA Counties
These reports were prepared by ADP's Community Prevention Institute training and technical assistance contract. Data is presented for 2004, 2007, and 2010 at both the county and state level to allow county rates to be evaluated against a relative average. The overall intent of the reports is to provide a simple, easy–to-use resource that helps synthesize and interpret the most relevant indicator data currently available to assess substance use problems in an effort to optimize prevention planning and outcome measurement efforts in communities through the state.
The reports contain information on several key indicators of alcohol and drug prevalence and consequences for California populations in each of the following areas:
- Prevalence data
- Admissions to publicly-funded alcohol and drug treatment facilities
- Crimes related to alcohol and other drug use
- Alcohol-involved motor vehicle accidents
- Hospitalization due to alcohol and drug use
- Deaths due to alcohol and drug use.