Effective with the passage of the 2013-2014 Budget Act and associated legislation, the Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs (ADP) no longer exists as of July 1, 2013. All ADP programs and staff, except the Office of Problem Gambling, transferred to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). Please visit the DHCS website. Read more...
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) has the sole authority in state government to license adult alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment facilities. Within DHCS, the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Compliance Division is responsible for assuring that quality services are provided to all program participants in a safe and healthful environment through the licensure, certification, regulation, and oversight of a statewide system of alcohol and other drug recovery and treatment facilities and programs and counselors.
To the left you will see links that will enable you to access the resources and information necessary to accomplish the following tasks, among others:
- Apply for a Drug Medi-Cal facility certification or re-certification.
- Find the list of accredited counselor certifying organizations.
- Research the applicable laws and regulations.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Submit a complaint regarding a facility or provider.